The Community Living and Participation Grant is now closed and no further applications are being received.
The final date to submit an application for a Community Living and Participation Grant is 30 June 2020. Due to limited funding, early applications are recommended. If you are considering submitting an application please contact us as soon as possible to discuss at firstname.lastname@example.org or 9208 9852.
Who is eligible?
- People under 65 with a permanent disability who are not in the NDIS or WANDIS.
- People over 65 with a permanent disability who:
– do not receive a Commonwealth Home Care Package (CHCP) Level 3 or 4
– are not self-funded retirees
– are not residents of an Aged Care facility
– are not eligible for a Department of Veterans’ Affairs gold card
- Not-for-profit community groups.
Are there any other criteria?
Individuals can receive one grant every three years.
There are some things that Community Living and Participation Grants cannot fund:
- Expenses considered to be part of an individual’s usual cost of living
- Improvements or alterations to private property
- Upgrades to public facilities
- Retrospective expenses
- Fundraising activities
- Funding for groups already supported by Lotterywest
- Projects that require re-current funding
- Expenses outside of Western Australia (except equipment purchase of items unavailable from a Western Australian supplier)
- Equipment where there is an existing source of funding through government, hospitals or other grant programs
- Employment and education related expenses
- Electronic devices (eg computers, Ipads, mobile phones etc)
- Travel expenses
- Vehicles and vehicle modifications
Applications are assessed with the following considerations:
- Link to clear social inclusion outcome
- Prospect for long term benefit
- How many people will benefit
- Demonstrated developmental window or other crucial circumstances
Funding is made available through monthly rounds. The CLPG Assessment Committee consider all complete applications. While your application may meet the stated criteria, you are not guaranteed a grant. The CLPG receives many more applications than it can support. Even if successful, your application may not be funded to the amount you have requested.
Every application will be considered at a maximum of three grant rounds. If the application cannot be supported after three grant rounds, the application will be declined.